Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Grandpa's funeral

Saturday in Wyoming at the Lyman cemetary.
My mom and her siblings singing to my Grandma.
My Grandma and her sister.
Grandpa had full military honors.
Giving Grandma her flag in memory of Grandpa.
Grandpa's beautiful casket.
The day of my Grandpa's funeral was a bitter sweet day for me. I LOVE my Grandpa. He was a wonderful man! I will miss him very much. His funeral actually landed on Oaklee's 1st birthday. So it was a day of celebrating Life all around. My Grandpa struggled there at the end of his life, but i got a few last moments with him that i will cherish forever. He was still able to open his eyes and answer you when i said goodbye. We had a sweet conversation and i am so grateful for that.
The day of the burial was Saturday up in Wyoming. It was about a 2 hour drive and i took the girls and my sister. It rained, poured the whole way there. As soon as we got maybe 15 minutes out it opened up to blue skies over Lyman. Grandpa was definitely helping us out! It was a beautiful ceremony. I will never forget it.

No comments: