Wednesday, February 08, 2012

bye bye BINKIES!

Kennedy's first binky (hours old).
This was the smallest premie bink we could find and it was HUGE!
It almost covered her nose holes!
Binkies have been a constant love for Kennedy. 9 months
A usual, we always had to take it away for pictures.
Last weekend Kennedy said she wanted to buy a LaLaLoopsie like Payton. I jokingly said, "ok but you have to pay for her with ALL your binks." She said ok I don't need them anymore!! So I jumped on it. While these binks have been an AWESOME help through all the transitions, big girl bed, potty training, moving etc. I have wanted to be done with it for a while.
We put her "money" in a bag and off to the store we went.
She was SO excited about this mermaid LaLaLoopsie... Kennedy asks everyday if she can 'be a mermaid'... which means walk around naked on the bottom!
I just LOVE this sweet girl. She is such a joy to have around, she is my moodiest and whines alot, but she can be and say the CUTEST things ever.
She has done awesome without her binks. The first day at nap time she was very sad and cried that she needed her binks, but eventually fell asleep. That night we probably had to go in to her room 12 times it was terrible. She told me many times she needed to go back to the store and get her binks from the lady :)
However since then she has not asked for it once!!!
SUCCESS!!!

3 comments:

Maranda said...

I love this idea, I think I'll keep it in mind.

Allison Claire said...

Way to go Kennedy! :) Her jacket is adorable too. :)

Gram said...

Congratualtions Kennedy girl. You are so big. Singing a song when you go to bed is better than binks. Try it. Love Gram