Sunday, August 26, 2012

Is this how we eat dinner?

This is a monumental night for us in a way. I can count on one hand how many nights we have sat down as a family and had dinner. Partially because our table only seats four. Our schedules for most of our married life involved Justin going to school at night and getting home late, so it became normal to feed the kids in the high chair or up to the counter and we would eat after they go to bed. I have wanted to sit down and eat as a family for a LONG time.
We need a new table that fits 6. But for now this table was one that our Landlord left and we used it in the basement. I decided we should repaint it and use it upstairs. We are in the process of "fixing it up". Is it my DREAM table... no. But this is a dream come true, we eat as a family all together at the same time in the same place!!!
To show how un-familiar we are with eating at the table this was Kennedy's comment as I called them to come sit down. "Mom, so this is how you eat dinner?"
 Notice Oaklee's "coat"! This is the BEST bib ever. It saves me A LOT of laundry!



 We ended the night with Game Night. It was a lot of fun... and not only because I WON :)

No comments: