Wednesday, August 08, 2012

we have a 1st GRADER!!

Payton started 1st grade yesterday (8-7-12)!
 The morning drop off was much more emotional than i had anticipated it to be. Kennedy was having a hard time with Payton going back to school and at first it was frustrating. Then once we got to the school and it became more real to me that she would be gone for 7 hours I was very emotional. I say emotional and not sad because I had SO many emotions running through me. Sadness was one, but I was also worried. Had I taught her how to be a good friend, listen and work hard, did she know how much we love her and would miss her?
So we got to the line and seeing her there with all the kids made me start to tear up! I was not expecting that. I was really excited to be down to 2 kids all day, what was going on? Watching Payton talk to her class mates just beaming with excitement made me SO HAPPY. She was ready, she would do fine!
 SHE LOOKED ADORABLE... if I may say so :)
 Payton and Avery headed to school.
 These 2 are in different classes this year (sniff, sniff) but they did play at recess and lunch. I am so glad Payton has Avery! Luckily they have cool mom's and they will be playing on the same soccer team and Dance :)
 Kennedy was so sad :(
It broke my heart when we got home and Kennedy asked if it was rest time so when they got up Payton would be home (that was the kindergarten routine).

 Payton's first school lunch. A funny thing to document really, but I've waited to have a kid in school just to do this:) I'm a crazy mom I know it!!
Payton had a great first day, we all survived and today was a lot easier.
WE LOVE OUR BIG SIS AND THINK SHE IS PRETTY A+ !!

1 comment:

The Sherman's said...

I'm so glad they have each other! I was happy to hear they had lunch and recess together. Avery said her day was great and was so excited to go again today! I agree, today was much less emotional. And Payton's new back pack is SO Cute!